ST – 01 Mar 12
- Cogent Land Capital has taken over the former Bukit Timah Turf Club site from Singapore Agro Agricultural (SAA).
- Tenants like Giant hypermarket, Ah Yat Seafood Restaurant and Art Boot Camp are still operating there.
- Renovation work will start next week.
- Revamped Turf City mall will have a range of lifestyle options, with wider food and beverage options that include Spanish, Italian, French and Japanese cruisins. ( I don’t know about you, but I still prefer my mum’s cooking, even though I can cook pretty edible food.)
- It will be fully up and running again by early June (wow, that is fast).
- 2 more restaurant operators have been confirmed – TungLok Group and Ristorante Da Valentino.
- Turf City mall will be the centre of a new “family lifestyle development” brought under one roof and under a new name: The Grandstand.
- The site has received strong interest from established operators in all target segments, including F&B, retail, wellness, sports, enrichment and even art galleries. F&B is expected to make up 40% of the tenant mix, retail 20%, children-related businesses 15%, sports and hypermarket 10% each, with the rest taken up by health and wellness firms.
- If I can find everything in Orchard in Bukit Timah Turf Club, I am not going!